Escape from Enemy Mountain mod for Doom 3
This mod has been in development for a long time and has, regrettably, gone through a number of changes and shake-ups. However, rest assured that it is still in development and, when I make episodic releases, hopefully the end product will be better than Duke Nukem Forever turned out to be.
- Hellspawn at a hellish outpost called Enemy Mountain have managed to gain access to Earth through a teleport system and have captured you and taken you to the main prison area in which humans are locked up and eventually eaten.
- Your task is to escape, make your way to the mountain's main headquarters and then access their teleport system to get yourself back to Earth. On your way, however, you will encounter various guards and traps and you will have to do kill plenty of demons and zombies in order to stand a chance of surviving.
- Episode 1, with 3 maps, is inspired by Episode 1 of Doom (Knee-Deep in the Dead) and is close to a release. I plan to do a further three episodes, each with 3 maps, each drawing inspiration from Doom 1's episodes. The idea is that Episode 1 will take place in the main prison area, Episode 2 will move on to the shores of the mountain top, Episode 3 will take place at the top of the mountain outside the main headquarters, and then Episode 4 will take place in the headquarters.
- A wider range of monsters than in vanilla Doom 3, including some old foes from Doom 1 and 2 (e.g. Spider Mastermind and Baron of Hell).
- Doom 1/2-style monster infighting.
- Alternate fire modes for most of the weapons. Weapon reloading is instantaneous, with the exceptions of the double barrelled shotgun and BFG.
- Unlimited stamina and increased player speed.
- Randomised encounters to add replayability- each time you load up the map, there will be different monsters in different positions, and more monsters occasionally spawn in during gameplay.
- The PDA is replaced with a map of the area and level stats (kills, items, secrets and time, and a few other details about the map). As in Doom 1, the kills, items and secrets are expressed as percentages.
- Weather conditions change as you play through the levels.
- Based off Denton's Enhanced Doom 3 mod version 2.0.2 which features the deadly double-barrelled shotgun and improved visual and sound effects, and enables alternate fire modes to be added to the weapons.